Our essential city bike is a fan favorite for getting around town without working up a sweat. Stylish and utilitarian, the Franklin 3 enables riders of all stripes to simply hop on and go. The step through frame and color-matched fenders ensure easy riding sans wardrobe restrictions, while the lightweight design makes for smooth travel from brunch to the office and everywhere in between. With a low-maintenance 3-speed internally geared hub and puncture-resistant tires allowing you to conquer varied terrain, this bike is as versatile as it is stylish.
Comfortable. Reliable. Stylish. What more can you ask for?
- Our essential city bike combines style and utility onto two wheels.
Why You'll Love It
Easy on. Easy off.
- The step through geometry of the Franklin lets you hop on and off your bike with ease. No more awkward stretching to get on your bike. Just step right through, and off you go.
Relibility, first and foremost
- The Franklin 3 speed's internally geared hub eliminates the moving parts of a traditional drive train. That means smoother more reliable shifting, fewer tune ups, and more riding.
Internally Geared 3-Speed Drivetrain
- For moderately hilly areas with minimal maintenance
Lightweight Step-Through Frame
- For easy riding with no wardrobe restrictions, Franklin's frame provides a light, yet absorbent ride
Puncture Resistant Tires
- For all terrain, worry-free riding
How to measure your inseam.
The MOST IMPORTANT measurement when sizing a bike is your inseam length.
Don't base your inseam simply on your jean size.
The more precise, the better.
1. Stand with your back against a wall and spread your feet 6-8" apart.
2. Place a book between your legs and up against the wall, spine up; raise it until snug against your crotch (this mimics your bike seat).
3. Have another person measure from the top of the book (spine) down to the floor.
|Small/Medium||4'11" - 5'5"||28"-30"|
|Large||5'6" - 6'5"||31"-35"|
|Frame||Lightweight Steel frame, rear carrier & down tube braze-ons|
|Fork||Brooklyn Bicycle Co. custom steel; front carrier braze-ons|
|Rims||Double-Walled Alloy, 32H with CNC Machined Brake Surface|
|Hubs||Front Hub: Sealed-Bearing Alloy 32H Rear Hub: Shimano NEXUS 3-Speed internally geared|
|Spokes||14G stainless steel|
|Tires||S/M - Puncture-resistant 26x1.375 Tires, L - Puncture-resistant 700x35 Tires|
|Bottom Bracket||Square-taper BSA English threaded-cartridge bottom bracket with sealed bearings|
|Crankset||3-piece cold forged alloy with replaceable chain ring & integrated alloy chain guard|
|Shifters||3-Speed Twist Grip Shifter|
|Chain||KMC Heavy Duty with Rust Resistance|
|Brakes||Front & Rear Brakes: Caliper Brake with Alloy Lever|
|Handlebars||Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Custom Upright relaxed alloy handlebars & 180mm alloy stem|
|Tape/Grips||Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Custom Vegan Leather Comfort Grips|
|Stem||Threaded quill stem|
|Headset||1" Threaded with Alloy cap, Semi-sealed with weather-seal ring|
|Seatpost||Alloy with integrated seat clamp and micro-adjust|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Vegan Leather Comfort Saddle|
|Pedals||Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Alloy City Pedals|
|Accessories & Extras||Heavy-duty alloy center-mount kickstand, heavy gauge chainguard and full color-matched front & rear fenders|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Cardinal Red / Small/Medium||811416021530||3I-FRA-CR-M|
|Cardinal Red / Large||811416021523||3I-FRA-CR-L|
|Gloss Black / Small/Medium||811416021189||3I-FRA-GB-M||210000028012|
|Gloss Black / Large||811416021172||3I-FRA-GB-L|
|Ivory / Small/Medium||811416021202||3I-FRA-IV-M|
|Ivory / Large||811416021196||3I-FRA-IV-L|
|Matte Coral / Small/Medium||811416021226||3I-FRA-MC-M|
|Matte Coral / Large||811416021219||3I-FRA-MC-L|
|Sea Glass / Small/Medium||811416021240||3I-FRA-SG-M|
|Sea Glass / Large||811416021233||3I-FRA-SG-L|