Local Rides & Clubs
Ride With Us
Wouldn't it be kind of strange if we didn't love riding bikes as much as we love fixing and selling them? If you're out riding around in the Lincoln Park area, at a local cross race, or out getting dirty in the woods, chances are you will run into one or more of our employees (they tend to travel in packs). But why wait to run into us when you can join us on some rides around Chicago? Check out these routes and rides below:
Tuesday Night Ride (TNR, Familiarly)
16-18mph pace, no drop.
- Tuesday nights (duh)
- Meet outside of Turin Bicycle (4710 N Damen Ave, 60625) at 6:30 p.m.
- 30-40 mile road ride, bring hydration and a spare tube/flat kit
THE monthly gathering of bicyclists making their presence known downtown for 25+ years. Slowly winds thru a dozen miles or more. Radically inclusive, thousands attend in good weather. Family-friendly, and suitable for adults and children. There is no organization called the Critical Mass. There is no membership, no officers, no leaders, no rules, no dues, no platform, and no schedule.
- Last Friday of this month, and every month. Leaves after 6 pm.
- Meet at Daley Plaza, 50 W Washington. Under the Picasso (giant rusty bird) at Dearborn.
- 12-ish miles of slow rolling
Casual Nocturnal cycling.......
Turin to Des Plaines River Trail
This is how we like to get to the DPRT. No need to take a car! Once you're on the DPRT it's hard to get too lost, and there are plenty of places to pop off the trail if you need a snack.
- Not a scheduled ride - use this route whenever
- Leaves from Turin Bicycle
- 55ish Miles - you can ride for shorter or longer once you get on the trail
- You will want two water bottles, some snacks, and a flat kit
Play it Again Sports Bagel Ride
Fun + easy jaunt (mostly paved path, one gravelly section) to New York Bagels and Bialys with our pals from Play it Again Sports. High chance of beverages and hanging out, low chance of a bad time. Bring backpacks/panniers, you will want to haul some delicious bagels home with you!
- Most Wednesday nights - give us a call and ask!
- Rolls out from 3939 N Ashland Ave, 60613 (Ashland and Irving Park)
- Shakes out to around 16.5 miles round trip
We are proud to sponsor 606 Racing as their official provider of gear and pre/post race bike service. The team races all disciplines of cycling and has current elite State Champions on both the road and track as well as the reigning IL Cup Champions in masters and elite categories.
If you see them out on the road give them a wave, they're always inclined to wave back.
Get the Gear You Need
Shop for the perfect bike before your next ride. We’re here to answer all of your cycling related questions.